We all love grilling then we must always take care of our grill to last longer, It is important to clean your grill regularly in order to avoid food debris from cookouts affecting your meal
You probably have tried everything to erase baked-on food and grease burnt on your grill but there are taking too long to come off, so you better try these household items that can help to clean your grill fast.
There are many different household cleaning products you can use for your grill, they are also reliable as grill cleaners you buy at the store or online
#1.White vinegar and water
Vinegar and water make it simple to clean your grill, use white vinegar to clean your grill. Simply pour two cups of white vinegar and two cups of water into a spray bottle and shake to combine them.
Spray the mixture on the barbecue grills and in areas covered with grease, then let the solution sit for 10 minutes. You can also clean the outside of the grill with this mixture
Cleaning the outside of the grill using a cotton cloth and never spray directly on your BBQ grill, just spray your mixture on the cloth and clean your BBQ, dip a cotton swab in the mixture and use it to clean the hard-to-reach places
That cheap box of Baking soda is not for baking cakes only, can also effectively clean your entire home, and can be used to clean up your grill, here are three ways you can do it.
#2. No scrub Vinegar and Baking Soda grate cleaning
You probably have an extremely dirty grates grill with stubborn, grime, or caked-on grease that does not loosen right away simply.
Don’t worry because soaking the grimy grates overnight with white vinegar and baking soda can save from scrubbing that stubborn dirty grates
HOW TO DO IT?
1. Place your grate grill in a large black plastic bag (that is enough to hold all your grate grill).
2. Then mix one cup of ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda and two cups of white vinegar and one cup of ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda. The mixture will start foaming right away.
3. Now seal your bag with a knotted string and tight rubber and place the bag with the grates and the solution in a cool, and wait overnight or 8-12 hours
4. After that long you can remove your grates from the plastic bag and rinse the grates grill. All of the grime should fall away from the grates, if not, rub any stubborn residue away with a ball of aluminum foil (2-3 ft) or sponge – it will be simple.
5. Return your grates to your grill. Use this method especially when you can’t scrub the grates right away
#3. Clean with Aluminum Foil and Baking Soda
Baking soda can remove organic compounds such as grease, dirt, and other stricky ickies and it also provides a gentle abrasive to clean without scratches on the grill grates
HOW TO DO IT?
1. Make a paste of 1 ½ cup ARM & HAMMER baking soda and ½ cup of water in a bowl. It should sticks to the grill grates so make it a thick liquid that sticks to the grill grates’ consistency
2. Using a scouring sponge or brush, sprinkle the grill grates with the baking soda paste and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Use scour sponge to scrub the baking soda covered the grates but you can also use aluminum foil if you have one, tear off a 2-3 ft. long piece of aluminum foil and crumple it into a ball
4. Rub up and down each wire and across the grates until clean and rinse the grill grates with water then return to the grill.
#4. Baking soda and scour sponge grate cleaning
This cleaning method is for people who use porcelain or enamel grill grates, use a nylon bristle brush, or scouring sponge to clean up your grill grates.
ARM & HAMMER will help to get your grill grates clean, avoid using metal such as aluminum foil or wire brush because can scratch the finish of the coated grill grates.
HOW TO DO IT?
1. Take off the stainless steel grates from your grill and put them on a flat surface
2. Wet your grill grates with water
3. Sprinkle ARM & HAMMER baking Soda over your stainless steel grates and let sit for 10 to 13 minutes
4. Use a scourer sponge to rub the grates on each wire and when they are clean rinse with water and return the grates to the grill
#5. Clean cast Iron grill grates without removing them from the grill
Cast iron grill grates are likely to rust but you don’t have to despair your grill grates when you find that they are rusty because the baking soda is there for you
HOW TO DO IT?
1. Make a paste of 1 ½ cups ARM & HAMMER™ baking soda, ¼ cup of white vinegar, and ¼ dish soap in a bowl. It should be a thick liquid consistency that sticks to the grates.
2. You can use a brush to paint the grates with the paste, avoiding the heating elements if this is a gas grill then close the grill and don’t turn the grill on.
3. Then now let the paste sit overnight or about 8-12 hours
4. After that long use a scourer sponge or nylon-bristled brush to erase the loosened debris and grime. Use warm water to wipe away any remaining residue
Can I cook on a dirty grill?
Cooking on a dirty grill can make things slower when you are grilling and your food will taste like the inside of your grill. A clean BBQ grill will simply heat up and cook your meal more efficiently than s dirty grill
Using a dirty grill with baked-on food may catch fire and start to smell old food, cleaning your grill is important to avoid accumulating grease, and baked-on food
But if you use your grill every day, You don’t need to clean your gas grill after each use. You can clean it every one to two weeks and for a couple of times a week, clean it every month
Can you get sick from a dirty BBQ grill?
Using these household items on your grill will help you to enjoy your meals and dirty grills contain a lot of yucky bacteria.
It is important to clean your grill to remove food particles left on the grill because leaving behind bacteria that can make you sick.
Tip: But if you are in a hurry and you want to use a gas grill, simply turn on the grill to the high burner and leave the lid open for a few minutes, it’ll burn off the grease. Use a bottle of water to clear the gunk out of the burner, it’s simple
In conclusion, with these household items methods, you can clean your grill grates simply. Using your grill, the grates can get really messy very quickly. But now you have a solution for your grill grates